Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Sunday, 9 August 2015

The Devil is In The Detail | Outfit

Recently I've developed a huge appreciation for the art of jewellery layering and how much a few simple pieces of jewellery can really dress up an outfit and make it unique to you. 


Last night I went to a surprise birthday bbq for one of my best friends, Natalie, and this the outfit I wore. I wanted to wear something fairly casual, as it was a house gathering with friends, but dressy enough to mark the fact that is was an occasion. 

My absolute favourite dressy/casual combination at the moment is a strappy top with skinny jeans and heels - it's always hits the mark if you want to look like you've made an effort without looking really fancy. Stick with black jeans and you can grab whatever colour top you want - no thought/pre-planning needed! 

Top: New Look, Jeans: H&M, Shoes: Primark, Bag: River Island:
Bracelet: Made by Jade, Rings: H&M
These skinny jeans are comfy and cool and therefore my current favourite (sorry Zara leggings,  I do love you too and remember, we will always have Paris). Can you believe these were only £7.99 from H&M?! They've got a nice stretch to them and sit low without being so low that my butt shows if I bend over. I put the rips in the knees myself - I rip all of my jeans myself because that way you can be more precise about just how much skin you want to show. When I did these my boyfriend was like, 'Why are you always taking scissors to your clothes?!'. Boys eh? They just don't get it...



I am obsessed with layering necklaces at the moment as you can tell from my Styling Pinterest Boards. It makes a person look so much more put-together because most people don't think to add detailed jewellery to an outfit so the mere fact that you have makes you look oh-so-stylish. I'm going to do a whole blog post on how to do this from buying good quality, affordable jewellery to how to mix and match to get the best look.

Long Necklace: Lisa Tubes, Short Necklace: H&M, Bracelet: Made by Jade, Rings: H&M.
 A top knot makes this look a little fancier than hair down (again with minimal effort - win!), whilst a leather jacket is cool and edgy - a nod to the casual side of the look. It's all about balance.  



The devil is in the details. A simple black outfit makes a great canvas for an accessory-lead outfit and you don't have to spend a lot of money at all. My entire outfit (jeans, top and shoes) cost under £35 altogether. I'd rather spend less on the basics like this and then have a bit more to spend on pretty accessories like this fun, fluffy bag from River Island. Although accessories don't have to cost a lot either. All of these rings from H&M cost me less than a tenner. 


Bracelet: Made by Jade, Shoes: Primark, Bag: River Island, Rings: H&M










Do you like my marble effect nail art to match my ring? It took me a few gos to get it right but now I know the tricks it's actually really easy! Comment to let me know if you'd like to a see a step-by-step tutorial post on it, I love doing those!


Thank you for reading! If you like my posts why not follow me on Bloglovin' and social media by using the links below!

Follow on Bloglovin

YouTube | Instagram | Twitter |  Pinterest | Facebook

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x
Share:

5 comments

  1. Loving this outfit! It is really cool how you styled up this all-black outfit by layering jewellery. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally crushing on this outfit! What a lovely bag too, it's so pretty.

    Lust For Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous outfit, you can never go wrong with all black e'rythaang! That bag is absolutely stunning too!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk
    WIN A BAKER DAYS CAKE OF YOUR CHOICE:
    http://www.clarkecouture.co.uk/2015/08/baker-days-starbucks-chocolate-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! I love adding accessories to a plain outfit :) x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have stacked the jewellery it really pulls the outfit together. I have a penchant for jewellery so I might have to purchase a few more accessories x
    http://www.fadedspring.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig