Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Friday, 15 April 2016

I've Got A Liebster Award!

So I've been nominated for the Liebster award again! The word 'liebster' actually means 'dearest' in German and this award is given to bloggers by other bloggers as recognition of their work in order to spread the word about their blogs - how sweet! I was nominated last year by the lovely Laura of Loved By Laura and now this year Molly of Molly Quinn Blog has nominated me - thank you so much Molly!!! 


As part of being nominated I need to answer the questions Molly asked on her blog and then pass the tag on and nominate some great blogs which I think deserve recognition. Here we go!

Molly's Questions:

Whose blogs inspire your posts?
I think my blog is most influenced by my favourite bloggers Kenza of kenzas.se and Aimee of songofstyle.com. I love Kenza for her effortless and very wearable day-to-day style, made mostly of high street brands, and for her refreshing honesty when it comes to her job and her personal life. Her blog is both beautiful to look at and fascinating to read and she doesn't take herself too seriously. Plus she blogs every day - #goals! I love Song of Style for the fabulous way Aimee mixes fabrics, cuts and colours. She is my fashion icon. Plus there's all of her beautiful, often wanderlust-inducing, photography. That girl could photograph a paper bag beautifully. I hope to get my blog photography there one day. My blog is quite different to theirs in that theirs are mostly fashion-focused whereas mine covers everything across lifestyle. Not to mention that I'm missing a few thousand followers and a Chanel bag or five haha, but I love that I focus on affordable living and wouldn't change that for the world! 
What makeup product could you not live without?
I'd have to say my MAC Studio Fix Concealer. I first discovered this almost exactly a year ago on my birthday and I'd never looked bag. A quick slick around my eyes and on the pesky dark shadow above my upper lip and I look instantly refreshed. I'd rather have that than foundation - it's like magic. Some things are worth the splurge. 
How old were you when you started blogging?
21! I put the exclamation mark because that's about four years ago now - how time flies... It may even be closer to five years ago as I had another blog for a bit before this one but started over as the name was too complicated and beauty-focused and I wanted to blog about everything lifestyle. 
What is your favourite dessert to order?
Oooooh that is such a touch question but as pancakes are considered more of a breakfast item nowadays, I'm gonna have to go with... God this is hard. Umm... lemon meringue pie! It's quite a tough one to come but maybe that's why I like it, because I can never get sick of it. When it's good it's gooood! The mix of sweet and tangy, the firm pastry base against the soft lemon jelly topped with the fluffy and crunchy meringue. You can't beat it! Although I think the last one I ordered was from a Harvester and it was terrible haha. Debenhams do a good one! I will probably (definitely) change my mind and regret committing to this choice when I'm in bed tonight. 
What would you say are the main topics you blog about?
Everythinnnnngggg. Haha, but to give a less annoying answer I would say fashion first, always, then general lifestyle and ways to save money on typically expensive things. Everything from DIY décor to dining out on a budget. Lots of makeup tutorials/hacks and I've also been doing a lotttt of recipe posts lately. Clearly I am going through a greedy phase! 
What is your dream job?
To be a full-time blogger. I don't know if that's cheesy to say / annoying to admit but it's the truth. I love blogging. I live for thinking up useful post ideas and then thinking of ways to make them engaging and inspiring and beautiful and bringing that all to life. It's like useful art. The SEO/social media part I could do without haha (ironic as that is my actual job) but I'll take it any day if it means I got to do what I love 24/7. Fingers crossed one day... 
Where would you love to go on holiday this year?
Oh wow. I reeeeally want to say Mexico because my trip there last year was just magical and we have friends there who it'd be SO lovely to see again, but I'm a huge believer in exploring the world at every opportunity so if I had a choice I'd say... Hong Kong. I've always wanted to go. The culture shock would be incredible, I would just soak it all in. I recently watched Victoria from In The Frow's travel vlogs from there and now I wanna go more than ever! Maybe our friends in Mexico could meet us there?
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I grew up in Essex
2. But I had 'elocution' lessons (voluntarily - I was kinda, sorta a huge nerd) so you'd never know it
3. I can speak Spanish (not perfectly but fluently enough that I can get by in Spanish speaking countries)
4. I could easily live without chocolate. I think it's somewhat overrated.
5. Pasta on the other hand, I would die without. Macaroni cheese in particular.
6. I have a YouTube channel! Okay, so this isn't all that random but so many people seem surprised by this when I tell them, clearly I don't talk about it enough haha.
7. I have a phobia of cold, spilt water on a side counter. If I put my hand on it I freak the f*ck out. Even once I've scrubbed my hands, I still feel like it's on me. I don't know why, it just seems reeeally dirty and nasty, all those microbes floating in there. It's the one OCD thing about me.
8. My blog name is very ironic as when I first created it I had this plan to beg and borrow loads of designer gear to blog about because I thought that's what you had to do. I was going to make everyone 'green with envy' over my amazing style (vom). I quickly realised that that was everything that I hated most about blogging and decided to focus on affordable (but still very chic) style because that was a lot more helpful. I've kept the name because a) I think it's funny and b) I still want to make people envious by creating beautiful outfits and lifestyle imagery - only for them to read the description and realise that they actually can afford these things too - happy days!
9. I've never dreamed of a white wedding. In fact, the thought of a wedding terrifies me. Not being married, just the ceremony itself. The stress of planning and all the things that could go wrong. All those nosey, beedy eyes on me and my man. An uncomfortable outfit. Drunk people acting a fool. All that money going on one day... Haha, I'm such a romantic.
10. Childbirth also terrifies me. Clearly I am the female Peter Pan.
11. It's my birthday on Sunday (17th April) - WOOHOOOOOO!!!!

My Liebster Award Nominees: 
Okay so now it's mine turn to nominate people!  This was quite tough as the idea of the Liebster award is to give recognition to lesser known blogs. The rules have varied over the years but I followed the rules as stated here which suggest picking blogs with fewer than 1000 Wordpress followers,  however a lot of blog don't display this so I went with ones with fewer than 1000 Bloglovin followers instead - I hope that's okay!
http://www.angloyankophile.blogspot.co.uk/ for her beautifully artistic photography, uplifting writing and for making me want to explore my home town, London, all over again. 

http://eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk/ for useful, fuss-free lifestyle posts that don't feel at all contrived. 

http://hayleyjoeann.blogspot.co.uk/ for a nice mix of everything written in a relatable way. It's like reading your best friend's blog.

http://www.zeenaxena.com/ for her fire hot outfits and super trendy style

http://www.100waysto30.co.uk read Heather's blog for beautifully boho style inspiration and refreshingly honest posts

http://www.clothesandquotes.com/ for beautifully light, bright posts on chic, affordable his and hers fashion set against the beautiful Arizonian sunshine

http://www.fashionessences.com/ for her effortless fashion pairings and love of hats!

http://www.themayden.com/ for her wonderfully edgy fashion sense and beautifully reflective writing

http://www.lifeinexcess.com/ read Kirsty's blog for beautiful beauty post with lots of interesting lifestyle posts thrown in. My personal fave? 'Shit my husband says'.

http://clutterboxblog.com/ refreshingly old school in it's lack of fluff and fly-on-the-wall approach sharing everything from her finances to her workout successes and fails. 

www.astoryofagirl.com a food-envy-inducing guide to places to visit across England with lots of lovely recipes in between - like a breath of fresh air to read

Some of these may have been nominated already recently or just may not wish to participate which is fine! The main purpose of me tagging these people is just to share some more blogs that I think you, my readers, will enjoy as well. If people do wish to participate though, here are my questions to these bloggers (I tried to make it a good mix of personal and blog related!:
Which other blog inspires you the most?
If you could pick just one positive phrase to remember for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
Name one thing you do really well on your blog (go on, don't be shy!) 
Where is the coolest place you've ever been and why?
What is your dream job (I liked this one so I copied! I'm nosey haha...) 

What do you most want people to take away from your blog? 


If you could only take three things with you to a deserted island (no tech, no people, no pets) what would they be? 

What's your drink of choice?


Which blog post of yours are you most proud of?


What's top of your Christmas wish list? (I know it's a while away but Santa listens year-round!)


Which is your favourite ever blog post of someone else's? (link to it too please!)


Here are the rules to the Liebster Award in case any of the people I nominated would like to participate: 

Liebster Award Rules:


1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

Thanks you so much for reading this rather rambly post! I hope that I given you some cool new blogs to add to your bookmark list! And thank you so much again to Molly for nominating me - you're a babe!!! If you'd like to answer these questions, don't wait to be nominated just go ahead and do it and leave the link to the post in the comment below. I love getting to know people!
Did you like this post? Don't miss the next one! Follow me on social media or Bloglovin here: 

Follow on Bloglovin


x Jade Mercedes Fraser x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig