Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

✈ Travel Tuesday: Thailand! ✈

Hello, hello, hello! I decided that today I wanted to post about something a little different - travel! While I'll still be posting mostly about fashion - as it's my first love, from time to time I think it's fun to talk about something different and this Tuesday we're all about Thailand! 

Since lots of my friends have already graduated university and are now traveling, I've been seeing a lot of amazing Facebook pictures of Thailand recently and it seems like such a vibrant place...


From what I've seen it has a magical mix of beautiful nature coupled with rich and enchanting culture.
With it's lush jungles, clear blue oceans and delicious cuisine, it's popular with everyone from backpackers to luxury-loving holidaymakers - hence why it's the most visited country in Southeast Asia. The climate is tropical, ranging on average between 28-35°C making it the perfect destination for a sunny break if you live somewhere cold and rainy like me! That's apart from the rainy season which falls anywhere between July and October and can mean that sunny days are suddenly pierced with very heavy downpours! 

Thai culture is heavily influenced by Buddhism so there are many beautiful temples or 'Wats' like this one to be seen. 


There are also floating markets where goods like fresh fruit and veg are sold from boats. They're an old Thai tradition from when boats were one of the main forms of transport in Thailand, but nowadays they're mainly interesting tourist attractions. 


And of course let's not forget the fooooooood!! Haha I'm not ashamed to admit that if I was ever lucky enough to go to Thailand this is definitely one of the things I'd be most excited about lol - hey! It's all part of the culture!

While those who want to can easily find restaurants serving 5 star meals cooked by top chefs, personally the Thai street food is what it's all about for me. Flavoursome dishes such as curries, and fish dishes seasoned with vibrant spices are cooked fresh in front of you on the side of the street - how cool is that! And from what I hear it's all pretty affordable, in fact most things in Thailand like food and accommodation can be found at very good prices compared to the US and the UK if you're willing to look around a bit and do some research before you go.

I'm hoping to go travelling soon and would loooove to stop of at Thailand along the way so if that goes ahead, you can bet you're bottom dollar (or should I say Baht - tehe cheesy joke props!) that I'll be posting my travel photos here on my blog.

In the meantime if you're interested in seeing a bit more of Thailand, one of my favourite YouTube beauty gurus Ingrid aka MissGlamorazzi has done some vlog videos of her time there visiting family. She shows cool aspects of the modern side of Thailand like Thai shopping malls and supermarkets so check out her vlog videos and tell her xglitter3ugx sent you!

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x

If you like my posts you click here to stay up-to-date! 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig