Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Friday, 22 February 2013

❤ I baked mini muffins! ❤

Hi guys! I had a cake craving last night but it was wayyy to cold to go to the shop so instead I decided to try my hand at baking some muffins and they turned out great!


They're coconut and lemon flavoured and super yummy! The tops were slightly crispy and the sponge itself has a delicious subtle coconut flavour with a lemony finish. I used caloriecount.com which is a great website where you can add the ingredients in your recipe and it'll tell you the nutritional value of each portion and these are only 231 calories each which isn't bad for a sweet treat. They're also much much healthier than store-bought cakes because they only use a few ingredients and aren't pumped full of all of those nasty stabilisers and preservatives. Here's the recipe! Try it for yourselves, it was so easy that I made it up!

Recipe (makes 6): 
2 medium eggs
50g plain flour (I used gluten free as I've heard it's healthier but regular flour is fine)
100g caster sugar
50g butter
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tspn lemon rind
1/2 tspn baking powder (you can skip this if you use self-raising flour instead of plain)
Pinch of salt

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Whisk the eggs until frothy, gradually adding in the caster sugar as you whisk
3. Gradually and gently (so as to keep the mixture light) fold the dry ingredients into the eggs
4. Add the lemon juice and rind and fold in
5. Grease a muffin tin with butter (so that they don't stick) and then pour the mixture into six section - my tray is quite shallow so your muffins may be a different shape but they'll taste just as great!
6. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown
7. Leave to cool and the Enjoy! 


x Jade Mercedes Fraser x

If you like my posts you click here to stay up-to-date! 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig