Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Easter Cadbury Mini Egg Nests | Recipe

This Easter I forgave shop-bought Easter eggs in favour of these beautiful, handmade chocolate nests made with dark and white chocolate and filled with fresh berries and Cadbury Mini Eggs. Cute huh?


They're sooo easy and fun to make too! Click 'read more' to see how I made them...


You can make these using any kind of chocolate that you want so, of course, I went for both dark and white chocolate #oinkoink.

Okay so first melt your chocolate. You can do this in the microwave, though it has a tendency to burn or become lumpy so I like to do it in a bain marie (a pyrex bowl or small saucepan set inside a bigger saucepan of boiling water).

While your chocolate it melting, thoroughly wash your balloons and then dry them on kitchen roll/paper towel. Then, blow them up to about the size of a tennis ball. I found that balloons really tend to roll around during this process so stick a clothes peg on one edge as a weight to anchor them.

Once your chocolate is melted, take it off of the heat and set it aside to cool but not harder. Once it's cool, use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate onto the most rounded part of each balloon in a messy, criss cross shape like a bird's nest. The idea is that each balloon is coated but with little holes gaps in it still which will give it the nest look rather than just a cup.




Once your balloons are coated, put them in the fridge to set and harder completely. I left mine in overnight to be sure. Once they're done, use a pin (be careful!) to gently pierce the balloons near the knot. This is so that they don't burst but, rather, deflate slowly leaving the chocolate intact. You might find that the deflated balloon wants to stick to the chocolate a bit but it should come away with some gentle easing.

If you want you can layer your nests to make sturdier, thicker bowls or serve them singularly. I chose to serve mine singularly as I like how delicate they look (plus it saved our waistlines a bit because it meant less chocolate per nest haha!).



Finally fill your nests with whichever goodies you desire! I decided to do a mix of Cadbury Mini Eggs - because how cool and adorable so they look inside these nests and raspberries because I love the mix of berries with dark chocolate and hey, I wanted to pretend I was being a bit healthy. These are actually substantially less calorific than shop bought eggs because they're smaller, thinner and, if you want, made from dark chocolate which is rich in healthy antioxidants dontcha know.


As I said I also made white chocolate ones - admittedly a little less healthy. I found that the chocolate for these went a lot, er, lumpier than the dark chocolate did so I didn't get those nice holes but the white ones still looked like nests because the bumpy edges look like piled up twigs. That's what I'm saying anyway.


If you still have oodles of chocolate hanging around after aster, or even if you don't, have a go making these! Playing with melted chocolate is always fun (I mean, you get to lick the spoon - hello?!) and these are a good way to ration your chocolate and make it last longer. It's a great group task for a girly night in with wine or a fun afternoon with the kids. If you try it, let me know how you get on in the comments below!


P.S. Today's #25daygiveaway prize was announced on my Instagram profile this morning - did you see it?! I got a little behind with prize announcements over the Easter weekend (sorry about that, I hadn't factored in that it would be totally inappropriate to blog during Easter dinner!) so, to catch up, I'm announcing THREE gifts on Instagram tomorrow morning - make sure you follow me!

Thank you for reading! If you like my posts why not follow me on Bloglovin' and social media by using the links below!


Follow on Bloglovin




x Jade Mercedes Fraser x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig