Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Saturday, 5 March 2016

Healthy 'Junk Food' Pitta Chips & Dips | Recipe

It's the freaking weekend baby (said in an Austin Powers voice) which once upon a time would have meant junk food and / or a takeaway for shizzle. However, in light of my recent healthy eating kick, I've been experimenting with healthy versions of junk foods with lots of successful results. The first healthy junk food recipe I'm going to share with you here is my pitta chips and dips recipe - perfect for pre-drinks nibbles or a night in with the girls.


Click 'read more' for the full recipe!

Okay, so first the pitta chips. These are super easy and fast to make - perfect for chucking in the oven when you're having people around (or when you fancy something naughty but want be nice). 



Step One: Cut
Line a baking tray with some foil or grease proof paper. Then cut some pitta bread (I tend to plan for two breads per person) into strips and then cut those strips into large chip-shaped triangles. Be sure to break the triangles apart so you make triangles out of each side of the pitta bread (hope that makes sense!).


Step Two: Spritz
Lightly spritz your pitta chips with olive oil and toss to make sure that they're lightly coated. This will help to give them an extra crunch without adding much fat as we're only using a little bit. 
Quick Tip: I bought a cosmetic spray bottle from the travel section at Superdrug (washing and disinfecting it thoroughly first of course) and filled it with olive oil. I use so much less oil in my cooking this way as I avoid those heavy-handed pouring incidents.

Step Three: Bake
Pop your pitta chips in the oven at 200 degrees for six minutes or until they're nice and crispy and slightly golden brown

Step Four: Season 
Season your chips to taste. You can go for simple salt or something spicy and fun. My current favourite mix is a teaspoon of paprika, a teaspoon of table salt and a pink of black pepper for a spicy kick. I also think parmesan would make a great seasoning. I find it's best to season the chips while they're still warm as the spices stick better that way.



Now for the dips! 







To make these I just bung the following into a food processor. Clockwise from the right we have...

Tomato Salsa
3 Salad tomatoes
1/2 Red onion
5 Large basil leaves
1 medium red chilli
Juice of 1/4 lemon
A pinch of salt

Chive and Onion 
1 Cup greek yoghurt (I like Fage Total for the thick consistency)
5 Chives
4 Spring onions chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
A pinch of salt

Guacamole
2 medium ripe avocados
1/2 medium red chilli
1/4 red onion
Juice of 1/4 lime
1 teaspoon of salt

And there you have it! These make great pre-drinks nibbles or munchies for a cosy Hygge night indoors. As I said, I also have other recipes to share like my healthy chicken nuggets, sweet potato chips and crunchy chickpea crisps shown below so keep your eyes here for the next recipe!



Thank you for reading! If you like my posts why not follow me on Bloglovin' and social media by using the links below!

Follow on Bloglovin


x Jade Mercedes Fraser x

Share:

5 comments

  1. looks yummy :)
    please follow my blog : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks great and I will have to chef it up. Thanks for sharing and check out our latest campaign by SICKY eyewear.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://blog.eyeseeeuphoria.com/2016/03/09/sickyeyewearspringsummer2016/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe, it looks so yummy !

    xoxo,
    http://www.kadi-lv.com

    ReplyDelete

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig