Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Monday, 6 June 2016

Summer Work Wear Inspo | Outfit

Now that the weather has finally got the memo about it being summer and all (yay!), it's time that we can finally start planning our summer work wardrobes... 


I'm (gingerly) putting away my cable knit jumpers and wooly trench and reaching for loose fit tees, skirts and sunnies, so I thought that I'd take a second to share some summer outfit inspo with you. Let's take a look...

A tee shirt and mini skirt might seem like unconventional choices for office wear but there are a whole host of ways that they can be dressed up to look more formal. For instance, opting for a loose fitting tee with a wide neck gives the same silhouette as a batwing jumper - totally acceptable in the office, rather than the casual look you'd expect from a regular t-shirt. Go for black and tuck your tee and you'll instantly look more polished.


A monochromatic look always screams 'put together' because you've taken the time to match all of the elements of your outfit. Black is always an easy go to as most of our wardrobes are full of it. The slightly sombre colour palette also nicely offsets any sexier silhouettes to create an overall professional look that's not too drab. 


Delicate jewellery like a lightweight necklace and layered bangles are also a great way to dress up a casual wear for work. A watch is a must-have accessory of mine for office wear as it suggests that you want to be punctual and therefore instantly makes your look more professional! Even though I tend to look at my phone for the time, I'll never go to an important meeting without a watch. It really pulls work wear together.


The trick to wearing shorter skirts to the office is to make sure that they are loose fitting enough that they don't done ride up as you stride. Select materials that don't stretch and always pair a shorter skirt with a loose fitting top to play down the sex factor. I also tend to go really natural with my makeup when I'm going for summer work wear and prefer to wear my hair in a neat ballerina bun. Again, the lack of swooshing, sexy hair downplays the sexiness of the outfit overall making the look more office appropriate.


Now that things are warming up, I've ditched my faux fur in favour of my lightweight trench from Zara that you might recognise from this autumnal outfit post. I really love neutral colours in the summer and beige is all the rage right now so I'll be mixing this short trench with work wear and casual wear throughout this season.  


 I hope that this has given you some inspiration to think outside the box when it comes to your summer work wear. It doesn't have to be all pressed white shirts and pencil skirts (snore). This outfit would be fine everywhere I've worked but, admittedly, I'm used to working in fashion environments with a more relaxed attitude so feel free to use your judgement and add thin black tights or a lightweight cardigan where necessary. It really just depends on your office. For more office outfit inspo check out this Pinterest board I've been creating. 

Thank you for reading! If you like my posts why not follow me on Bloglovin' and social media by using the links below!

Follow on Bloglovin



x Jade Mercedes Fraser x
Share:

1 comment

  1. I wish I could wear something like this to the office but I know I wouldn't feel comfy able after two hours! Even for client meetings I have a pair of trainers in the bag for after!

    You are defo rocking this look Hun and thanks for the tips x

    Www.virgosandkisses.com

    ReplyDelete

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig