Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Monday, 6 February 2017

Crushin' on Velvet

Hey guys, as Valentine's Day is looming I thought that this was the perfect time to share some date night outfit inspiration with you. They say that you can never go wrong with an LBD and I couldn't agree more, especially when it's in the material of the moment - velvet. 


Read on for more photos and details of where everything is from!

The trick to stopping your LBD look from going stale is to mix in current trends and styles to keep it up to date. Velvet itself is a huge trend this season so that's one big box ticked. I particularly love it because the stretch in the material means that it hugs in all the right places for added sex appeal. Go for a ruched style like this one and you'll find it equally as forgiving as the folds of fabric hide any wobbly bits a treat.

Dress: Boohoo, Jacket: TK Maxx similar here, Shoes: Primark similar here, Choker: MADE by Jade, Bag: H&M similar here

I'm really into 90s style strappy shoulders as they're a great silhouette for us small chested gals who can go braless. Low cut triangle shaped dresses like this allow us to show off the little bust we have but you fuller fronted gals fear not! Wrap dresses are really in this season, allowing you to adjust the material around your cleavage (tit tape is so handy here) so you show off as little, or as much, as you like. Also look out for dresses with adjustable straps that can let you loosen them to lower your neckline and show more off or vice versa. 

I love, love, LOVE the silhouette of this jacket! But I did watch Birdman this weekend and now it kinda, sort of, a liiiitle bit reminds me of his suit hahaha. 

As this dress is so slinky and fitted, it's fun to offset this with a more volumous jacket like this faux fur dream. Not only is the difference in shape visually appealing, it will make you appear more svelte by comparison and lead to a more va-va-voom moment when you do peel off the jacket to reveal what's underneath.



When I was putting this outfit together in my head I immediately knew that I wanted to do a sleek, high ponytail and red lip. I really don't know what is about a high ponytail. It almost shouldn't be sexy because it's so severe but when paired with a fitted dress it really is. A bold lip colour really stand out against a black outfit like this and red is a nod to the classic style of the dress. 


Chokers like this Swarovski crystal one from MADE by Jade are all the rage right now and are a great way to make this classic dress look young and fresh. Strappy sandals are always sexy and therefore perfect for date night. I also went for a studded leather clutch with gold hardware to add some edge to my look and also to mix up the materials and make it more interesting. 


I hope that this has given you some inspo for your next date night be it Valentine's Day or otherwise. I haven't decided what I'm doing for Valentines Day yet, I'm of the belief that it's somewhat overrated but also a bit sweet so I haven't decided whether to venture out yet but I do have a great gift guide post coming next (for my fellow last minute lovers haha) so watch this space! 

Thank you for reading! If you like my posts why not follow me on Bloglovin' and social media by using the links below!

Follow on Bloglovin


x Jade Mercedes Fraser x
Share:

1 comment

  1. You look stunning! That dress and jacket go so nicely together
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig