Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Tuesday, 28 February 2017

The Superb Shirt Dress

There's something so beautiful about a great shirt. Pair it with a silk scarf and a pencil skirt and you have a preppy look that screams sophisticated style. Undo a few buttons, demi tuck the hem and slip on a leather skirt and you tell a whole different story. One of fun and frivolity.

With the right shirt you can easily flick between morning meeting to morning after. Add to that equation the shirt dress and the options are endless. Belt it, cinch it, knot the hem, wear it layered and open or buttoned to the top with a fancy neck tie...



On this day I was feeling indecisive so I went for a bit of both. A laid back demi tuck and a chunky, charcoal choker paired with a smart coat and pretty pointed shoes. Today, as I write this I'm sat at my desk in the same dress, this time with a skinny black suede belt and structured leggings (it's coooold in London this week!).

Coat: Mint Velvet (old), Shirt Dress: Boohoo, Skirt: River Island, Shoes: ASOS, Choker: MADE by Jade

Beatrix Stripe Wide Cuff Shirt Dress sold here at Boohoo
It was the sleeves which really sold me on this one - aside from the wide pinstripe and versatile monochromatic tones which I was instantly drawn to. Once upon a time I would have assumed, naively, that you'd have to pay designer prices to get details like these beautiful bell sleeves. Years of 'luxury for less' blogging though have taught me that that's not at all the case. Thanks to brands like Boohoo, elegant thoughtful designs like this are available for just £20. Yup, £20. It comes in blue too.




I'm really having fun having a shirt dress in my wardrobe and experimenting with all the ways that this  can be worn so I've no doubt that you'll be seeing it in more outfit posts here and across my Instagram page. Until then!

Thank you for reading! If you like my posts why not follow me on Bloglovin' and social media by using the links below!

Follow on Bloglovin


x Jade Mercedes Fraser x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig