Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Sunday, 12 March 2017

DIY Ombre Glitter Nails

I don't know about you but for me Sundays are a time to relax, unwind and reset for the week ahead and that includes a killer manicure. I haven't set foot inside a nail salon in years because I'd personally rather put the money aside to spend on a meal out, a few glasses of prosecco or a nice Zara top. Instead, I prefer to DIY which is so much easier than you may think!


Read on for a quick talk-through of how I do this ombre glitter look myself in five simple steps.
This look is super simple so I'm just going to go straight into it. 

Step One: Clear basecoat - this will just help your manicure to last longer. I always use a cheapie one like MUA which costs just £1.

Step Two: Paint your tip colour, in this case gold, onto the flat edge of a triangular cosmetic sponge (available at Superdrug) and then dab the colour onto the tip of each nail. Start at the very tips and then dab halfway down so that the colour fades out. You can see how this should look in this other ombre nail post I shared recently.

Step Three: Use a clear polish with glittery flecks (I like Barry M for these) and paint over each nail from the tip downwards. It's important that you paint in this direction as this will help to blend out the tips and add to the ombre effect.

Step Four: Now it's time to add some extra, loose glitter to your tips to make them really sparkle. Again, Barry M Dazzle Dusts are great for this. I find it easiest to take the brush from my clear glitter polish and dip it in the glitter to pick some up and then paint it onto the tips. 

Step Five: Once your glitter has dried on safely, add a super shiny topcoat and you're done! 

Thank you for reading! If you like my posts why not follow me on Bloglovin' and social media by using the links below!

Follow on Bloglovin

YouTube | Instagram | Twitter |  Pinterest | Facebook | Snapchat: missjadefraser

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig