Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Monday, 8 July 2013

OOTD #1: ♪Oranges and Lemons♪...

Bonjour mon petit blog. I cannot begin to explain how very sorry and ashamed I am that I haven't posted in so long, so I shan't. I do have a decent excuse though - I got that job I posted about here last month :D. I've been there nearly a month now and I love it but I just needed a few weeks to get settled into a routine so I could work out how best to fit blogging into my schedule, I think I'm ready to start now...


This is what I wore to work today. I work in the head office of a fashion brand and they don't have a strict dress code which is very cool as it means that I get to express my personal style every day without being restricted. When I did an internship in another office last year I found interesting business wear a bit of an oxymoron. Well that's not strictly true but when you add the phrase "on a budget" it certainly seemed to be. So anyway I was over the moon when I was told that our office doesn't really have a dress code (within reason - I don't think tasselled pasties or mankinis would be too well received...). 
Since working here I've been making more of an effort to put together nice outfits on a daily basis. When you're a student you can kind of convince yourself that noone cares or notices what you're wearing as much so now I've been embracing feeling compelled to dress up a bit more. We'll see how long that lasts...

 Oh by the way please excuse the random background and dodgy lighting. I'm between places right now therefore I don't have a permanent place to take photos so I'm working with what I've got. When I move in a month or so I'm determined to get my perfect photo setup but for now this will have to do!




 It was really sunny today so I decided it was time break out the neon yellow jeans again. I paired them with this sweet peplum top from H&M although me and it aren't on speaking terms right now for two reasons; the first is that someone else in my office has the same top so I can't wear it too often for fear of the awkward "oh so you shop at H&M too..." high street twin moment. The second is that my sister gleefully informed me that after I bought this it went into the sale which is always fun to hear. It's the third item from my last trip to H&M to go into the sale right after I bought it. What are the chances?Note to self: "Don't go shopping in June right before the July summer sales hit - you idiot!"





 I really like how the neon colours are offset by the white in the top. I find it busy and yet calming at the same time. I was going to say something along the lines of "stirring waters" or a "bubbling brook" - and then I stopped myself. But you get the jist. Crazy but no too 'loud' and headachy, well not for me anyway.


Watercolour prints are really 'in' right now and this has got to be one of the prettiest one's I've seen. it drew me in instantly in the shop. 


I didn't want to break up the pretty colours with harsh black shoes so I opted for these pretty ballet flatsI got from Office a couple of years ago. I adore how they look, very sweet with their little bows and patent smooth patent exterior but don't be fooled - these hurt like a b****. They're quite stiff as they're plastic meaning that they rub the back of my ankles and the tops of my feet. I suffer them from time to time because they're so pretty, but then remember why I haven't worn them in three months and back in the wardrobe they go.

I'll try to remember to do these Outfit of The Day posts a lot more often now that I have to give a bit more thought to what I wear on a daily basis. I'm going to bed now because I'm a working gal now (well I always worked but you know, a full time working gal) and working gal's need their beauty sleep or by 4pm they fall asleep at their desks drooling into their keyboards - never happened I swear. Night! x

If you like my posts pretty please support me and follow this blog with bloglovin' below or by using any of the easy links in the sidebar!

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x

Follow on Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig