Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Sunday, 23 April 2017

Sophisticated Crop Top Look

So, as I mentioned , it was my birthday on Monday and so of course I had to go out and get turned up. My friends and I celebrated with drinks, karaoke and then, of course, dancing so I knew I needed something fancy but also something I could move in. 


I ordered a bunch of bardot tops online but none of them were saying anything so I decided to tweak an old favourite of mine because you know I'm not one to be restricted by such simple things as the intended design of a piece. 

I decided that the 70s disco diva look would be perfect for a karaoke night so I ordered these high-waisted flares from Missguided and I love them! I also wore them to a family dinner the next day FYI because it's so important to make your wardrobe work hard when you're shopping on a budget. 



High waists work great when paired with a crop top as you can show some skin without going all 90s Britney. Rather than spend more money, I folded the hem of this ASOS plunge top of mine and secured it with double sided boob tape to turn it into a crop top. I slipped on this sparkly sequin bra underneath, popped on a blazer et voila, a birthday look perfect for belting out Uptown Funk under disco lights. 



As I said in my birthday wishlist post, I've been wearing my silver jewellery a lot more recently and I really enjoy this particular stack because of the mix of leather and metal that give it texture. I think the Tiffany bracelet looks especially pretty dangling down. I remember I was soooo excited when I got this as a teenager one Christmas. Does anyone remember when these were all the rage back then? Maybe they still are and I'm just too old to know about it anymore haha.



We all know by now how obsessed with chokers I am so I really relish the opportunity to wear this Unicorn Swarovski Crystal choker from my collection, MADE by Jade. It sparkles in the light the same way the sequins on this bra do so it was the perfect pairing.

Blazer: H&M | Top: ASOS | Bra: H&M | Trousers: Missguided | Shoes: Aldo | Bag: Kurt Geiger | Choker: MADE by Jade | Bracelet: MADE by Jade, Pandora, Tiffany & Co. 

As usual I went for simple natural makeup and a bit of a smokey eye. You can see how I do my 5 minute smokey eye in tutorials on my YouTube channel. Both a warm brown one here and a cool silvery charcoal one here. On a side note, I really hate how short my eye lashes are - just look at them! I hate strip lashes as I find them too false looking and criminally uncomfortable but I find individual lashes really fiddly to put on. I'm determined to get the hang of them though as I'd rather not pay £40+ every month to have them done professionally. Watch this space! 

Thank you for reading! If you like my posts why not follow me on Bloglovin' and social media by using the links below!

Follow on Bloglovin

YouTube | Instagram | Twitter |  Pinterest | Facebook | Snapchat: missjadefraser

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig