Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Birthday Gifts!

Hi Guys, sorry I've gone back to posting sporadically. I'm still working on my dissertation as well as working my three part-time jobs plus now I'm doing job applications so I can try to get a graduade job (fingers crossed!) so it's all been a bit mad for me recently but I promise I'll get back to daily posting soon. In the meantime here are a few of the things I received as birthday gifts from friends and family .



I am very nearly out of my favourite perfume Chanel Chance Eau Tendre and it's not cheap so I can't tell you how happy I was when my mum gave me a bottle for my birthday :D. I think it's the perfect perfume for someone in their early twenties - sophisticated but still fresh, girly and slighty sweet. When I get to my 30s I think I'll wear the original Chance which is a bit heavier and smells more sophisticated
to me but for the time being I like sweet, light scents. The lipstick is Russian Red by Mac - I am obsessed with blue-based red lipsticks (you know reds that are darker rather than being on the orangey side) so when my sister asked me what I wanted for my birthday I chose this. Mac lipsticks are quite pricey and she's only young but when I said a Barry M nail polish she insisted I chose something more expensive - how generous of her! I absolutely love it - I'm wearing it today actually, I saw it in my makeup bag and the colour is soooo pretty I just had to put it on. So if you read my blog sis thank you veryveryveryvery much! The spiked necklace on the left is from my incredibly sweet friend Sophiekins :). She gave it to me when we were out for dinner for my birthday and I loooove it. It's so bad-ass and it matches my Jeffrey Campbell Lita-style shoes which is tre cool! It's quite dangerous looking haha, on the night Soph was also wearing a spiked ring and we laughed about how if anyone gave us trouble we'd just attack them with our jewellery! The link necklace is by the designer Lisa Taubes and I got it from an American store Exit Art which is owned by Lorraine Stanick and her family. Lorraine has the YouTube channel TheCurrentCustom and she has the most amaaazing jewellery collection and wears it all so well. At first I was hesistant to order it as it's gold vermeil so wasn't cheap but I have been looking high and low for a good dupe for two years!!! and have never found one so I decided to just get it for myself as a birthday/ premature well done for finishing uni present haha! Well that's how I justified it anyway! I also managed to get free shipping which they offer quite often I 'n' didn't get charged customs and it's beautiful on so I'm happy I bought it. I've decided that now I'm in my 20s I want to collect a few pieces of fine jewellery that I wear everyday and then have my inexpensive costume jewellery just for fun so this is the perfect addition to my Michael Kors watch. Next I'd like a delicate gold vermeil ring and some gold and (very small!) diamond earrings so watch this space!

If you like my posts pretty please support me and follow this blog with bloglovin' below or by using any of the easy links in the sidebar!

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x

Follow on Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig