Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Ready, Steady, Revlon!

I was stretching my legs on my lunch break recently and casually perusing the makeup displays in Boots (somehow I always seem to end up there when I'm bored, regardless of what type of budget I'm supposedly on) when I came across Revlon's impressive new nail polish selection. So impressive, in fact, that Revlon now has two displays in Boots. One for their makeup and another one adjacent, completely dedicated to their amazing array of nail polishes called the Revlon Nail Bar.



Even more exciting than their new display is their new link of nail polishes, the Revlon Parfumerie line of - get this- scented nail polishes! All designed to look like mini vintage perfume bottles - adorable!  I know scented nail polish isn't a new thing as Revlon themselves actually brought out some scented summer shades a few years ago but it's such a fun concept. I'm also a sucker for great packaging so this adds extra allure to the line. What can I say? I like to look at pretty things. Especially if I'm having a bad day. I think just walking into my bedroom and seeing a nice collection of pretty, colourful nail polishes in beautiful bottles is the type of thing that would make me feel a little lifted. I also love the labels. (I'm a sucker for creative product names - I know, I'm a marketers dream right?)

'But Jade, what about the actual product?' I hear you say. Well, I was only window-shopping on this occasion (yay for self restraint!) so I can't yet tell you if the scent is any good but I love the concept and, as you can see from the pictures below, they have a great range of colours, shades and finishes to choose from. In fact, since my self-imposed nail polish ban a few months ago, Revlon has been the brand I've been lusting over the most when it comes to their nail polish collection. The colours are so vibrant and, if the one shade I do have is anything to go by, then they're great quality too.


I'd say, when it comes to high st nail polishes, Revlon are trumped only by Barry M and only because of the price tag - at £6.49 a pop they're a little pricier but not bank-breaking. In fact, when you consider that their bottles are usually 14.7ml vs. Barry M and Essie's 10ml, they're quite affordable really. In terms of pence per ml they actually work out to be about the same price as Barry M - that's how I intend to excuse any inevitable splurges anyway - happy days!

Have you tried any of these? If you have please let us know in the comments section!

If you like my posts pretty please support me and follow this blog with bloglovin' below or by using any of the easy links in the sidebar!

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x

Follow on Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig