Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Healthy Blueberry & Banana Oat Pancakes | Recipe

Hi All! Here's a little mid-week pick me up for you. I've been eating these delicious, quick and healthy banana & blueberry pancakes for breakfast every day this week now and it's definitely boosted my week so I thought I'd share the recipe!


They're so ridiculously quick and easy to make and, even better, they're healthy because I've replaced most of the the sugar with a banana and swapped the usual flour with porridge oats for a slow release of energy to last you until lunchtime!

Here's the recipe (serves one)...

Ingredients:
1 banana, chopped
1/2 cup porridge oats
1 egg
1 tbs maple syrup (it's a bit naughty but I love it! Feel free to skip though.)
1/4 tspn cinnamon powder
1 tbs blueberries (tip: a bag of frozen mixed berries is more cost-effective as they last longer!)
1/4 cup mixed berries (again, I use frozen!)

Instructions (takes 5 mins, literally. I just like to write a lot!):
1. Put all of the ingredients, apart from the berries, into a food processor and whizz until they're blended evenly without any large chunks. The oats don't need to be completely powdered, as long as as all of the ingredients are evenly mixed. Once the mixture in blended, briefly stir in the blueberries with a spoon.

2. Put a pan on moderate heat and grease so that the pancakes don't stick. Quick tip: I like to pour olive oil into a spray bottle and spritz the pan to make sure I don't use too much.

3. Once the pan is warm, use a tablespoon to add the mixture to the pan. This recipe makes two large or three small pancakes. I advise spooning the mixture into a pile and allowing it to spread by itself (rather than trying to spoon into a circle) to ensure that your pancakes are an even shape.

4. Cook for approximately two minutes, checking that the underside of the pancakes is browning nicely and, once the batter begins to bubble on the top side, use a spatula to flip your pancakes and cook until golden brown.

5. While your pancakes finish off, put the remaining berries in a microwaveable container and heat in the microwave until they are warm and oozing with delicious berry juice.

6. Once you pancakes are done, flip them onto a plate and spoon your warm berry compote on top. Pour the excess berry juice around the edges of the plate for presentational flair and enjoy!

Nutritional Information (in case you're into that sort of thing):

These are so ridiculously easy I think I'll make a YouTube video tutorial on them soon just to emphasise how easy it is. Speaking of which, my To Do list of videos is growing rather large so I think I need to have an intense filming session this week... Did you catch yesterday's outfit video which I uploaded here? You can also subscribe, free of charge, to my YouTube channel with just one click here so that you never miss a video!

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x

YouTube | Instagram | Twitter |  Pinterest | Facebook

Thank you for reading! If you like my posts pretty please let me know by leaving a comment and why not follow my blog with bloglovin' (below) or by using any of the easy links above/ in the right sidebar!

Follow on Bloglovin



Share:

5 comments

  1. ah they sound amazing!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win an £85 rose gold Fossil watch on my blog, if you fancy! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound amazing! What a great idea, I am obsessed with oats at the moment so I should really try them in a pancake :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them! They make a nice change to porridge and they're healthier than normal wheat pancakes but they taste quite naughty still ;). Another reader made them and put chopped plums and peaches with them so I think I'll try that next time! Let me low if you try them. I'm so glad you like the post! :) xx

      Delete

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig