Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Saturday, 1 November 2014

Last Minute Halloween Party Treats | Recipe


Scenario 1: It's Saturday afternoon. You've been invited to a Halloween party tonight which has inexplicably crept up on you and you're struggling to think of something more inventive that a bottle of Pinot to bring with you. 

Scenario 2: It's Saturday afternoon. You're hosting a Halloween party tonight which has inexplicably crept up on you and you're very close to resorting to dashing to your local supermarket for their 'Scary Fairy Cakes' and some Wotsits (because they're orange).

But wait! Before you despair, check out these super easy and quick Halloween recipes for tasty treats that are sure to impress. 

5 Hours to Go... Eyeball Jelly

Undoubtedly the easiest recipe of them all, eyeball jelly still has the high impact factor is it looks, well, quite frankly rather gross. I can, however, assure you that it's delicious and will be a welcome treat at smaller parties where the host will be putting out a buffet. Simply use a few drops of water to stick jelly sweets to the edge of the bowl and make up two pints of orange jelly. Fill the bowl (pour gently so as not to disturb the sweets), put in the freezer to set for a few hours (time is of the essence here) and when you take it out to serve, garnish the top with a few extra sweets. Voila! An impressive dish that didn't take you all day to make.

3 Hours to Go... Creepy Cupcakes

While these Creepy Cupcakes are a little more time consuming, I hope you'll agree that they're worth it. These garish green, lemon flavoured cupcakes filled with oozy blood (strawberry jam) and topped with chocolate shapes are not only really impressive but super tasty - who doesn't love cupcakes? They're really easy to make too if you use a few shortcuts like I did ;) . Here's my YouTube video showing you how to make them. When you're done, shine a lamp on them to cast ghoulish shadows on the wall and add to your impressive party decor.

1 Hour to Go... Funfetti Popcorn

Okay so the quickest, and my personal favourite, of the three is this 'Funfetti Popcorn' idea I adapted from Pinterest. The original recipe called for mixing full on cake mix into popcorn but I nixed that (raw egg + popcorn = no thanks) and I think my way is much easier (and tastier!).


To make the Funfetti Popcorn, first make some popcorn (or grab a couple of bags of sweet popcorn from the supermarket). Take you favourite icing flavour, spoon it into a microwaveable bowl and zap for 30 seconds until it becomes runny. Spoon the icing onto the popcorn and while you're at it add some fun sprinkles of you choice. Mix everything together until all of the popcorn is coated and pop in the fridge for an hour to set. When you remove it re-toss to make sure there are no clumps add a few extra sprinkles to the top (the rest will be slightly covered in icing so this just makes it look extra pretty) and hey presto! - Funfetti Popcorn for all! The perfect party table nibble. Just try not to munch it all on the cab ride over / before your guests arrive.


I hope this was helpful to some of you! I really wanted to get these up yesterday but between making the recipes myself and then getting ready for a party, I ran out of time to get the post up. We went to a house party and I did some rather cool skeleton makeup for my boyfriend which you can snoop at here on my Instagram page. If you try any of these recipe do let me know in the comments! 

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x


YouTube | Instagram | Twitter |  Pinterest | Facebook

Thank you for reading! If you like my posts pretty please let me know by leaving a comment and why not follow my blog with bloglovin' (below) or by using any of the easy links above/ in the right sidebar!

Follow on Bloglovin



Share:

1 comment

  1. So glad I came across this post! I'm in scenario 1, so cool halloween treats are what I need!

    Sophie xx
    That's Groovy blog

    ReplyDelete

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig