Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Sunday, 1 February 2015

Bloggers' Meetup! #nyLDNmeet | Diary

Yesterday I attended the #nyLDNmeet in Soho and it was a lot of fun! From cocktail making to henna hand decorating, read on for a sneak peek at what I got up to at the event.


The event was held at Bittersweet in Soho, a cool little underground bar complete with hole-in-the-wall booths - the perfect place to meet for a private, girly catch-up. It's tucked away down a little cobbled alleyway just off of Beak Street (near Hamleys) so it was a little hard to find at first. Luckily for me just as I arrived there were lots of other girls with cameras wondering around in the rain like lost lambs - the signature sign that a blogger event is on somewhere nearby- so between us we managed to find it in the end!


Once we got inside and handed our soggy brollies and coats to the very friendly staff, we could see that there were lots of different exciting activities set up from a superb hair styling station and marvellous manicurist to massages and henna hand decorating. My eye was instantly drawn to a table full of glittery wonderfulness that turned out to be a delightful array of delicious Stella & Dot jewellery brought by the lovely Vicky.




The collection is stunning. The perfect cross between fine and costume jewellery that could take you from desk, to drinks, to dance floor and even to Dubai if you so please; the beautifully bright colours and gorgeous golds instantly made me think of holiday dressing and how great the pieces would look with a simple maxi dress at a beach bar (oh to be back to Mexico... but anyway, I digress). The pieces are gorgeous and if you'd like to pick any up for yourself, head here for a good old browse at the full collection.




I love the look of these henna hand decorations, complete with colourful glitter accents - so pretty! 


There were also representatives from MooGoo, a new all-natural range of beauty products. So natural in fact that you can eat them! Though I must stress that it's not really recommended as they probably wouldn't taste so great, but you could and that's the point. They had an impressive range of products from skin creams and shampoos to tanning lotions and - get this - dry shampoo for dogs. Yup, you read right, dogs! Brilliant. They're also branching out into beauty products too and the range is constantly expanding so if you'd like to check then out you can do so here.


On to what was probably my favourite activity of the whole event - cocktail making! We all got a turn to go behind the bar and try our hand at making a cocktail. I don't remember the name of the cocktail I made (d'oh!) but I believe it's a twist on a bellini involving Chambord (shall we call it a Chamblini?). Anyway, here's how to make it:

1. Chill a champage flute by filling it with ice and using a stirrer to swill the ice around inside the glass for a few seconds to chill it before discarding the ice.
2. Then, add 15ml of raspberry puree.
3. Follow up with 10ml of Chambord.
4. Add sugar syrup to your taste if required (this is quite a sharp drink so I added about 20ml of this as I like sweet drinks - Malibu and pineapple juice anyone?).
5. Finally top the drink off with some prosecco (or champagne dahling if you should be so lucky).

Et voila! You just made a pretty pink cocktail. Cheers! 


Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take outfit pictures as the weather outside was abysmal and there was no space in the event to take any really (/admittedly I did also forget while I was in there...) but I promise to recreate this outfit on another (drier) day for you to see. As for makeup, as you can see, I went for a berry lip and smoky eye which is a look I'm really into right now. I'll post close-ups of this look here on my blog too soon so that you can see the detail up close in case you want to do a similar look yourself.

That's all for now folks! I had so much fun at the event, especially meeting all of the other fellow bloggers and I'd like to extend a huge thanks to Lauren, Tamsyn and Amy for hosting. You can see more of what I got up to at the event by following me on Instagram at @missjadefraser here and by searching the hashtag #nyLDNmeet on Twitter to see what the other ladies thought of the day. Now I'm off to edit a YouTube video. My hard drive got full again so I'm currently transferring some files to my external hard drive to clear some space so that I can finish editing - snooore! Anway, I'll post the video on here once it goes up on my YouTube channel so watch this space!

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x


YouTube | Instagram | Twitter |  Pinterest | Facebook

Thank you for reading! If you like my posts pretty please let me know by leaving a comment and why not follow my blog with bloglovin' (below) or by using any of the easy links above/ in the right sidebar!

Follow on Bloglovin



Share:

9 comments

  1. So gutted I missed this event. Lots like a lot of fun! Ohhh yum cocktail

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good but don't worry, there'll be more! Looking forward to seeing you at the next one, thank you so much for reading my post :) xx

      Delete
  2. It was such an amazing day! I had the most fun time!! Cant wait for future events.
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it was so much fun! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post! I'm off to check out your YouTube channel :) xx

      Delete
  3. That cocktails was yummy - it was called French Fancy! (Only remembered because I took a photo of the menu!!). Brill write up xo
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah amazing! Thanks Laura, I completely forgot to find out the name! Too transfixed by the alcohol haha... Thank you very much :) I love your post too, I'm so gutted I couldn't come to Byron afterwards. Your food shots look amazeballs!! xx

      Delete
  4. Great post and loved your pictures! it was great to meet you :) and I've just noticed as well you have used my henna design! thanks for taking that photo hope you don't mind if i steal it lol! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, was so lovely meeting you too on Saturday! Haha yes indeed I have, thank you for being my hand model and of course you the photo! :) Excited to read your post! xxx

      Delete
  5. Yay! Thanks for the mention Jade. Now just to get you doing my job... :-)

    ReplyDelete

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig