Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Friday, 13 February 2015

Cheesecake Cupcakes for Valentine's Day! | Recipe


Yayyy! I am SO excited to share this recipe with you because I think it's bloody brilliant if I say so myself. These are my cheesecake cupcakes. Yes that's right, CHEESECAKE cupcakes. That's delicious vanilla cupcakes with a buttery biscuit base and cream cheese buttercream frosting. Cupcakes + cheesecakes = what's not to love?



As an added bonus I've made mine pretty and pink for Valentine's Day but if you're avoiding V-Day do feel free to skip the red dye and sprinkles. Right, let's get started! -->>

INGREDIENTS
(Makes 12 cupcakes) Prep & Cook Time: 60 mins
100g Self-Raising Flour
100g Caster Sugar
180g Icing Sugar
250g Cream Cheese
125g Digestive Biscuits
2 Eggs
Red Food Dye until you get the desired colour)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1-2 tbsp milk
240g Butter
Sprinkles and Love Hearts and toppings of choice

First, preheat the oven to 160C degrees and take the butter out of the fridge so that it begins to soften.


1. Crush the digestive biscuits. Quick Tip: I find that putting them in a sandwich bag and then crushing them with a rolling pin is the easiest way!


2. Melt 70g butter in the microwave and mix it with the biscuits to create moist crumbs. Then press the crumbs into cupcake cases to fill 1/4 of each. Be sure to really push and mould the biscuits into the cases so that they will bake firm and solid. (If you don't push them down enough they will crumble and you'll loose your biscuit bases!) Keep approximately one tablespoon of mixed biscuit crumbs behind to decorate your cupcakes with.


3. To make the cake mix, first beat the eggs until they start to become foamy. Then, in a separate bowl, cream together 100g butter and 100g of icing sugar until they are evenly mixed and then mix in the 2 eggs, vanilla extract and red food dye. Sift in 100g flour 1/4 at a time and fold it into the mixture rather than stirring to keep it light and fluffy. If the mixture is too thick to drop off a spoon, add the milk a dash at a time until it becomes that runny. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases so that they are 3/4 full. Then put the cupcakes in the preheated oven at 160C for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. You'll know that they're ready when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.


4. While the cupcakes cook it's time to start on your icing! Mix 70g of softened butter with the icing sugar and whisk to create a thick paste. Then gradually whisk in the cream cheese until the mixture is smooth and even. Then add a few drops of red food dye until the desired colour is achieved. Pop the icing in the fridge to firm up while the cupcakes cook and then cool. This will make it easier to pipe onto them later.

Wait until your cupcakes are completely cool before you add your icing or the warm cakes will melt the icing and it will slide off them! You can use a piping bag to ice your cupcakes, like I have, but it's fine to spoon on the icing as well. Quick tip: You can use swirl a fork around your icing to give your cakes a professional look without the extra work! Then for the fun bit, sprinkles! Decorate your cupcakes with crushed biscuits, sprinkles, Love Hearts and whatever else takes your fancy. Serve them to your Valentines/best friends/family and then the most important part - EAT!


I hope that you like my recipe! If you try it please do leave a comment below letting me know so I know someone enjoyed it! :) I've got a few more recipes up my sleeve so stay tuned for those. You can always follow this blog with Bloglovin here or follow me here on Twitter so that you never miss a post! Right it's 2.30 am here and I have to get up at 5.30 for work so I'm off - toodles!

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x


YouTube | Instagram | Twitter |  Pinterest | Facebook

Thank you for reading! If you like my posts pretty please let me know by leaving a comment and why not follow my blog with bloglovin' (below) or by using any of the easy links above/ in the right sidebar!

Follow on Bloglovin



Share:

3 comments

  1. these look delicious!!

    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mili, they certainly were. I'm so glad that you like the look of them. Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my post :) x

      Delete
  2. Yum! These looks awesome, I love having that biscuit base - one of the best bits of cheesecake! I really need to bake more often! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig