Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Sunday, 30 March 2014

Summer's Coming!!!

The weather in England was beauuuutiful today, 18C degrees!!! I went out without a coat for the first time in ages. Haha, I know some people a little closer to the equator must be rolling around laughing at the thought of me getting excited at 18 degrees but honestly, I can't tell you the last time I felt the sun on my skin and it was pretty damn good!




I went out to grab a drink and a bit to eat in the sunshine with my boyfriend and I decided to take some inspiration from the weather and wear some super brights. I've been waiting to try to style this neon pink skirt for ages since I got it in a sample sale a couple of months ago and I must say that I love it!! It's definitely a keeper. More outfit pictures after the jump.

No really, I effing love this skirt. These pictures don't even do justice the deliciously vibrant neon pink colour. I am obsessed with wearing neons year-round. I just love how a single item can have so much impact. The only downside is that they're so noticeable that you can't wear the same piece too often!

Skirt: similar here, Top: Hollister, Bag: Louis Vuitton, Watch: Michael Kors (Style MK5128), Bracelet: here 

This particular skirt is made of a beautiful sheeny material and has a lovely weight to it so it moves beautifully in the breeze. Unfortunately, as I said, I got it from a sample sale but boohoo.com have a similar one here.


I love how ridiculously long this skirt is too. I like my maxis exactly that. Maximum length. Very nearly touching the floor. Not only are the extra inches figure-flattering but it makes me feel like a princess, gliding along the ground rather than walking. A floor-length maxi with a slight flare is forgiving and incredibly feminine but also very casual and cool at the same time.


Bracelet: here, Watch: Michael Kors Style MK5055, Bag: Louis Vuitton Speedy 25
Today I paired my neon skirt with my Louis Vuitton Speedy 25. I don't often wear this bag actually as I'm quite fussy when it comes to colours and I find that it quite often doesn't quite match my outfit enough. Today, however, I found that the rich tan colour of the handles and the brown leather complimented the bright summery colours I was wearing much better than a dreary black bag would have.


I knew that, with it being typical England, it'd probably get chilly (which it did) so I brought along a jumper. When I picked out this neon orange number I was a bit dubious as to whether it'd work with the equally loud skirt but when I tried it on I was pleasantly surprised. I think what makes it work is that pink and orange are very similar in tone so they compliment each other rather than competing. Now, had I tried on my neon yellow jumper I think that would have been a problem. I love the juxtaposition of the oversized jumper against the pretty, mermaid-looking skirt. It's fun to mix styles like that, it makes the 'story' behind the outfit, or the person wearing the outfit rather, seem a little more complex. Harder to read…

It's set to be even hotter tomorrow (a whole 20 degrees C - woooo!!!!). It's Mother's Day and I'm headed to Spitalfields Market with the famo. I'm really tempted to wear this skirt again and make the most of it in the sunshine. Let's hope I don't run into anyone I saw today eh? Ah screw it, even if I do, who cares? It's a badass skirt!!


If you like my posts pretty please support me and follow this blog with bloglovin' below or by using any of the easy links in the sidebar!

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x

Follow on Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig