Showing You How to Live Stylishly for Less.

Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Powder Blue

Hi guys, as promised here are the outfit pictures from Sunday! I was raining so I decided to break out the pink wellies :). I went for the preppy chic/country bumpkin look since I was wearing boots. I usually stick with edgier, city looks but for some reason I'm really into this look even though it's a bit 'twee'. 

Pairing a shirt with leggings and boots is a great way to dress comfortably but still look well put together as the formality of the shirt and boots off-set the casual leggings. I don't actually have any knee length boots-boots as it goes but I find that my Hunter wellies do the trick so whenever it's raining a lot this is my go-to look - only on the weekends though, I don't think anyone would appreciate me trudging around the office in wellies!



Necklace: River Island
Pretty, pretty, pretty. If you missed my post yesterday all about this necklace here it is!



I love matching my nails to my outfit. I'm going to try to do it more in 2014. Not every day of course -who has the time? - but maybe I'll pick two outfits each week to match them to, just for fun!

Jumper: H&M - sold out online but check in stores, it's in the sale now ;)
I really like layering jumpers over shirts in general, not just for the country look but paired with jeans or tailored trousers and court shoes. It's fun to use a contrasting jumper and shirt colour and pull out the collar and the bottom of the shirt so it shows underneath. Then I always like to add a statement necklace under the collar of the shirt but over the jumper to finish off the look. I like little details like this, they just show that extra bit of thought that pulls an outfit all together.

My Hunter Wellies. Old season but available on Ebay or similar here: http://goo.gl/3RmoYy
I'm really glad that I invested in these and went for a fun pop of colour at the same time. I must admit, I don't wear them that often as they're quite bulky and a bit impractical for wearing indoors. They're slippery and quite wet and squelchy on tiled floors so I wouldn't recommend them for work or school but they are super practical for running errands in a downpour and I like that they're stylish and not your typical only-for-the-garden wellington.

If you like my posts pretty please support me and follow this blog with bloglovin' below or by using any of the easy links in the sidebar!

x Jade Mercedes Fraser x

Follow on Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade With Envy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig